Club Pilates recently opened a place near my house and man, they’ve been courting me! I’ve taken 3 free classes so far – one 30 minute introductory class, one 60 minute regular Pilates class, and one 60 minute Cardio Sculpt class (which was a birthday offer – the birthday isn’t over till the coupons are gone!). As I left today, this sign spoke to me:These are the Pilates principles – but what other discipline does this apply to? (If you haven’t figured out that I mean singing, you don’t know me at all.)
- Centering – this could apply to alignment or it could apply to resonance
- Precision – learning your music thoroughly
- Concentration – practicing!
- Control – working through registration/range exercises
- Flow – legato
- Breathwork – do we really have to spell this one out?
I’m not sure if I’m going to become a member yet – we’ll see how many free classes they offer me after I come back from vacation! 😉