This has been an exciting year, filled with lots of opportunities and development for both my students and myself.
Things that I’ve done for the studio this year:
- June 2018: Attended the NATS Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada and learned a ton of stuff!
- June 2018: Bought an iPad Pro and downloaded ForScore to better access sheet music
- July 2018: Subscribed to Appcompanist, an accompanying software that allows you to adjust thousands of professionally recorded accompaniments to the tempo and range of the performer, rather than make the performer fit the dictates of the recorded accompaniment.
- July 2018: Joined the Speakeasy Cooperative, an international organization of independent voice teachers, where we share ideas about how best to serve our students and ourselves as professionals.
- July-August 2018: Tweaked my website!
- August 2018: Redesigned my vocal exercises
- August 2018: Created a logo (see above)
- September 2018: Studio policies!
- November 2018: Upgraded to MusicNotesPlus in order to allow greater flexibility to change keys as needed for individual student needs (as well as my own)
- January 2019: Became a sole proprietorship in the state of Maryland as Mezzoid Voice Studio
- January 2019: Studio swag!!
- February 2019: Started using Acuity as a scheduling software so that students can schedule their lessons at times that work with both our schedules.
- March 2019: Subscribed to musicaltheatresongs.com, a searchable database of songs past and present.
- December 2018/June 2019: Organized and presented the first two studio recitals, the first a holiday program at Bykota Senior Center and the second a studio showcase at Springwell Senior Living!
- May 2019: Quit HCC to focus on the private studio
May 2019: Attended my first Voice Foundation in Philadelphia and learned more stuff!
- June 2019: Moved my blog, “Why I Sing” from Blogger to mezzoid.wordpress.com, where it looks a ton more professional.
- Reorganized the studio to include toys (TOYS!) and other things to serve my students better
- June 2019: Created an interactive studio practice log for my students to keep track of their practicing! (Have you tried it yet?)
What’s next on the horizon? LOTS.
More info coming soon.