BACK TO ... WHATEVER!
A 3 day series to prep for a return to
auditions, choir, rehearsals...
Register for all three days for $90 and get video replay
through September 10, 2021
OR choose individual sessions at $40 each
(no video replay available)
My Favorite "Sings": A Vocal Boot Camp Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Join teachers Christine Thomas-O’Meally (Mezzoid Voice Studio, Baltimore, MD), Phyllis Horridge (Phyllis & Friends, Baton Rouge, LA), and Aimee Woods (Songwoods Studio, Fort Collins, CO) for a 90 minute teacher tag-team vocal boot camp. Each teacher will lead the class through some of their favorite exercises designed to bolster and enhance vocal technique, followed by practical application tips to a classic favorite that everyone knows (see if you can guess which one?).
Pop/Rock for Dummies (or those who haven't had time to study it)
Wednesday, September 1
Join certified Rock the Audition vocal coach and power vocalist Heather Statham (Atlanta, GA) for a 90 minute presentation on:
- Pop/Rock Generalities
- What to Look for in Choosing Repertoire
- Pop/Rock for Musical Theatre
Masterclass: Golden Age Theatre Songs Thursday, September 2
Composer/conductor/actor James Valcq (The Spitfire Grill, Zombies from the Beyond) will work with five singers on finding the emotional truth in Golden Age theatre songs. (Because contemporary musical theater is not the only place to find depth and substance!) Mr. Valcq will work with 5 singers for 15 minutes each on full songs to delve into the layers and complexity that people might have forgotten about. A Q&A will follow.
This series is for you if you are:
- A voice user who needs to kick off their practicing habit
- A student or teacher who’d like to know more about pop music, especially as it’s asked for in contemporary musical theater auditions
- Someone who wants to know more about how to bring life to what a lot of people (wrongly) consider old songs with no connection to the present